Improve Curb Appeal
- The first view (and first impression) of your home comes when potential buyers drive by your home.
- Keep the lawn manicured and edged.
- Add a little fertilizer to turn your lawn a healthy green color.
- Trim bushes so that they don’t cover your windows
- Plant some flowers
- Repair any cracks in the driveway
- Repair and paint the fence
- Freshly paint or touch up any bad paint areas.
- Clean the gutters
- Remove leaves
Reduce Any Outside Clutter
- Consider moving any unused vehicles, campers or boats
- Store trash cans inside the garage
- Put children’s bikes & toys neatly into the garage or another storage area.
- Remove old lawn decorations
- Check bushes for hidden newspapers and ads
- Clean out the garage. Have a pre-moving garage sale!
Home Exterior Touch Ups
- Check to make sure all railings, steps, gutters and antennas are secured.
- Check house numbers to make sure they are visible from the street.
- Check your mailbox for rust
- Look for wear or fading on your front door
- Wash the windows – inside and out
- Polish any outside brass
- Replace or repair your screens
- Insure that the doorbell and outside lights work
- Buy a new welcome mat!
- Now is a great time to clear away items you kept “just in case” you ever needed them! If you haven’t used them/ needed them by now, you may never will!
- Is your garage a storage area for everything that doesn’t fit in the trash? Throw it away!
- Old boxes / broken items / forgotten items? Throw it away!
- Give away or sell what you don’t need!
- Sweep / wash the floor!
- Dust everything standing still
- Lawn equipment, bikes, toys and boxes should be tidy and well organized
- Think of your backyard as an extension of your living space.
- Nice weather? Display freshly scrubbed /newly painted patio furniture outside. Place them in conversational grouping.
- Flowering shrubs? Roses? Accentuate them! Have outside furniture overlook them or other areas of interest.
- Garden? Remove weeds / trim overgrowth. Pull dead plants.